Hi nice to "meet everyone"

Dollfin

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello everyone. I hope that I am doing this correctly.
Although I'm listed here as Dollfin, my real name is Jennie. I figured it's safe to say that since it's a pretty common name. I Live in CT USA with my Husband of 20 years and 2 teenage Sons. A few weeks ago, while doing research for a sick fish, I ended up going from link to link to link on my computer and saw a video of an Axolotl and I fell in love! I have joined this group because although, I have been arounds animals my entire life and I have even owned an Iguana and a monitor lizard I have never had a salamander. I knew that if I was going to get an Axolotl, I needed to do a lot of research and find out as much as I could about them before I started the process of actually getting one.
So here I am hoping, to learn as much as I can before I take this beautiful, fascinating and amazing little creature into my home.
Thank you very much,
Jennie

I have a feeling that's exactly whats going to happen which is why I'm here to get information. Oh and to save for a bigger tank so that I don't have to move them as they grow. :happy:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back