Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Hello from PA! I am currently looking for an Axolotl to love!

HowToAxolotl

Reaction score
Hello,

My name is HowToAxolotl (Ryan,) and this is my first post on Caudata.com. I am currently 20 years old (21 in July,) and I am going to school for Bachelor of Science degrees in Finance and Marketing, as well as an Accounting minor. I have a pet cat, name Dundee, and a 10 gallon tank of Dalmatian Mollies, Zebra Danios, a Mystery Snail, and a little herd of ghost shrimp :D

Anyways, I live around the Philadelphia, PA area, and I am looking to buy my first Axolotl!

I can only find breeders who are located far outside of my state, thus it costs quite a lot of money to have my little guy shipped. :( Do you know any pet/aquatic stores or breeders located around the Philadelphia area?

I am totally willing to drive a distance to pick one of these little guys up! :] Also, if YOU sell Axolotls, I AM willing to have them mailed... I just am looking for a more reasonable shipping rate that I am finding elsewhere.

That's a little about me, now tell me about yourself! Thanks!

Lexolotl

Reaction score
Hello! Welcome to Caudata!
When I purchased my little dudes I had two and with the cost of them, plus shipping, it came to around $60. Is this a reasonable price for you?

HowToAxolotl

Reaction score
Hello! Welcome to Caudata!
When I purchased my little dudes I had two and with the cost of them, plus shipping, it came to around $60. Is this a reasonable price for you?

In the grand-scheme of things, no, that is not unreasonable. But I have had multiple people offer 2 axies for under $35, so it wouldn't be the economical choice.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!