Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Aquatic plants

ndbug

Reaction score
Does anyone have any aquatic plant species for sale for my newt tanks? Also please feel free to post pictures of any aquatic aquarium plants you may have with species names xD

chezr

Reaction score
Without soil or a strong light you are pretty limited in which plants will flourish. My tank has monte-carlo, dwarf hair grass, anubia nana petite, java fern, vallisneria, with different species of bocaopa and rotala. A set up like this was difficult to maintain at first and without soil and high light, it wouldn't be possible.

Without soil, strong light, or fertilizer you will have a difficult time keeping plants growing healthy but species like anubias, java fern, vallisneria water wisteria, or anacharis/elodea will likely survive longest.

ndbug

Reaction score
Thank you for the valuable info Tyler! Ill be doing some research on the plants you mentioned.

Methos5K

Reaction score
I have great success with Brazilian Pennywort, Hornwort, Water Sprite and Bacopa. As well as Java moss and ferns. I use either the Finnex Planted 24/7+ LED or the Beamswork EA FSoec LED for lighting.

salvoz

Reaction score
I would strongly recommend java fern, which does best attached to rocks, wood, and other objects and can thrive in very low light situations. No ferts would be needed in a low light situation either assuming regular water changes, other than perhaps adding some occasional trace elements (e.g., Seachem Flourish).

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!