Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

CHN Press: 国家级后河保护区后河发现红刺条蛇

wes_von_papineäu

Our Roving Correspondent
Reaction score
SINA / 新浪网 (China) 02 January 09 国家级后河保护区后河发现红刺条蛇 (记者张毛清 通讯员许仕华 启波)
中广网武汉1月2日消息 : 国家级后河保护区一种浑身长“剌”腹部为红色的“红剌条蛇”, 日前被华中师范大学野生动物调查组教授戴宗兴认定为“细痣疣螈”,系国家二级保护动物,也是湖北省新的物种记录。
据了解,这种细痣疣螈是华中师范大学在百溪河一带进行物种调查时发现的,因其腹部为红色,浑身瘰钉如剌,因此,当地人称其为猪娃子虫和红剌条蛇,又称火蜥蜴。据称,这种细痣疣螈的动物在后河百溪河一带分布较为广泛,数量也较多。
细痣疣螈,别名疣螈、黑痣疣螈,属于蝾螈科,国家二级保护动物。体长11~15厘米。除唇缘、指、趾及尾外,全身布满瘰粒与疣粒;体侧自肩部向后至尾基部各有一列整齐的瘰粒。体色除尾部腹缘及四指为橘红色外,其余皆为黑色。生活于海拔650~2500米山区溪流的塘边,多在夜间捕食。平时生活在陆地上,夏季繁殖期进入水池中。细痣疣螈过去在广东、广西、四川、贵州、甘肃等省区有发现,在湖北地区还是第一次发现。
据戴宗兴教授称,该物种为湖北省新记录种,属珍稀濒危两栖类动物,食用价值较高,甲也可入药。
http://news.sina.com.cn/c/2009-01-02/124614971896s.shtml

Nathan050793

Reaction score
Re: CHN Press: 国家级后河保护区后河发现红刺条蛇

They discovered another new species of salamander in Hubei province?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1