My Newt ( Triturus marmoratus )

I wouldn't say I've seen a ton of marms, but that is the darkest one I've ever seen. Very cool.

The juveniles have now been put into a more aquatic set up with my favourite rock. One of them seems to like it too.

Attachments

• P1030595.jpg
    P1030595.jpg
    142.8 KB · Views: 369
  • P1030602.jpg
    P1030602.jpg
    126.7 KB · Views: 1,056
I'm sorry to be the first one to say that, but the last picture tells me it's not your rock anymore...

I however have a cunning plan..it involves lots and lots of yummy worms :crazy: I will get my rock back.

I´ve got an image of a really fat newt stuck in the rock with just the head and the two little hands poking out and going "ha, ha, my rock, nom nom nom.....".

What can I say, months of infertile eggs and now this...:errr:

Attachments

• 026.jpg
    026.jpg
    178.9 KB · Views: 351
One of these lovelies was relaxing on his island .

Attachments

• 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    138.1 KB · Views: 288
  • 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    179.4 KB · Views: 295
A few of this years offspring :D

Attachments

• 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    183.2 KB · Views: 434
  • 009.JPG
    009.JPG
    303.8 KB · Views: 275
These are my all time favorite newts! I sure hope i can aquire some of these guys in the near future! Beautiful!

any updates on the parents? how are they doing and pictures pleaseeee :)

Well, here are three of them for you. One female decided to stay fully aquatic this year, I'll fish her out another time for a photo :)

Attachments

• 018.JPG
    018.JPG
    235.2 KB · Views: 312
  • 020.JPG
    020.JPG
    201.4 KB · Views: 285
Great looking newts, I'm a real fan of this species and I can see you've done a great job of rearing these. Well done!

Wow this is a great thread. Congrats on successfully breeding them Julie, your 2013 offspring look very good. Do you sell your offspring because I am going to be getting a newt soon and these guys are my favorite kind so im hoping to get 1 or 2 of them in a couple of months. Thanks

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back