The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Notices

Crocodile Newts (Tylototriton & Echinotriton)... Two popular genera of Asian newts, the crocodile newts are diverse of habit, habitat, and appearance. The Mandarin or Emperor Newt, Tylototriton shanjing, is highly sought after.

Old 4th September 2008   #1
eljorgo
Banned

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 27
Rep: eljorgo has given consistently excellent advice and informationeljorgo has given consistently excellent advice and informationeljorgo has given consistently excellent advice and informationeljorgo has given consistently excellent advice and information
Default how many years...

Hi good night.
Does anybody knows who much time does a t. Shanjing gets from morph to sexual maturity?
If very well feed?

thanks guys,

elJorgo

eljorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2008   #2
Justin
(Greatwtehunter)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 298
Comments: 24
Rep: Greatwtehunter goes to 11Greatwtehunter goes to 11Greatwtehunter goes to 11Greatwtehunter goes to 11Greatwtehunter goes to 11Greatwtehunter goes to 11Greatwtehunter goes to 11Greatwtehunter goes to 11Greatwtehunter goes to 11Greatwtehunter goes to 11Greatwtehunter goes to 11
Default Re: how many years...

The only information that I could find stated that it takes 3-4 years for T. shanjing to reach sexual maturity. Just for a comparison T. verrucosus only take a year and a half to reach sexual maturity. If you have any questions you can PM me and I cand send you the link where this information was obtained.

Justin

Greatwtehunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2008   #3
John
Founder

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 204
Comments: 118
Rep: John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)

You can post the link you know. I think I know where you found that anyhow.

Old 5th September 2008   #4
petro
(petro)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 1
Comments: 0
Rep: petro has shown reliable knowledgepetro has shown reliable knowledge

When they are three years you can expect that they are sexual mature.
Petro

petro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2008   #5
eljorgo
Banned

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 27
Rep: eljorgo has given consistently excellent advice and informationeljorgo has given consistently excellent advice and informationeljorgo has given consistently excellent advice and informationeljorgo has given consistently excellent advice and information

I have a shanjing of 13cm and his cloaca is out (bigger every day) and Ive seen thats a female and it its reaching his sexual maturity but in two years Im gonna study out of the country and in that moment I will have to say goodbye to all my newts and focus in the studies just! I want to reproduce t.shanjing before that.. i have only 2years! if there is any problem if the male is bigger and older that the female? with 13cm its you many years in my female?

thanks all,
elJorgo

eljorgo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
years, years...