Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Rare color of tadpole

kevin

Reaction score
I don`t know if it is normal but I have 6 Tadpole`s of the 255. That are much lighter but it look they have just dark eyes and no red. Now my question is can it be maybe. Flavistic, Leucistic or a Albino Colorvariation.

Thank`s for help.

U

uwe

Hi Kevin,

do you have a picture. That would help. There are always lighter tadpoles without having any unnormal animals.
Actually in Bombina albinos are well known and bred.

Uwe

kevin

Reaction score
Alright, but I never seen them in Holland.
sick.gif

And the photo you see here is darker then they are normally. The left one is a normal color. And the two on the right with the light color.
39836.jpg

U

uwe

Hi Kevin,

this is just a regular variation.

If you are interested in albino Bombina var. I may tell you a breeder.

uwe

kevin

Reaction score
But i`ve heart that there are leucistic colors to. Maybe that can it be.

And who is that breeder.

Thanks.

A

ajfr0ggy

Leucistic tadpoles are white.

Dont get your hopes up, i had a few tadpoles that looked like those, and there doesnt appear to be any unusual toadlets

AJfr0ggy

J

jarno

kevin, you know that Bombina variegata is illegal in The Netherlands. So we can't keep the albino variegata.

J

jarno

Uwe said:Hi Kevin,

this is just a regular variation.

If you are interested in albino Bombina var. I may tell you a breeder.

uwe

So I try to make clear that it is illegal to keep variegata in Holland. I never said that you keep variegata.

U

uwe

Hi,

the albinos I talk about are B.var.var.. Interesting that your law is such strict. Even if you get papers that the animals are legally purchased?

See you

Uwe

E

ester

The law in the netherlands regarding amphibians is far more strict than in Germany. Any native occurring species cannot be kept in captivity / taken from the wild / disturbed / moved. The law does not allow for any exceptions like it does in Germany with the CB animals.

J

jarno

B. variegata variegata is really rare in Holland. There are only 2 places where they live. All our native amphibians and reptiles are protected by law and only zoo's have permission to keep them. Also subspecies of our natives are illegal to keep.

Native caudata in holland are: L. vulgaris, M. alpestris, L. helveticus, S. salamandra and T. cristatus.

D

dana

i found this forum whilst searching for albino firebelly pictures.. i recently had 200+ eggs laid in the firebelly tank at work. we are nearing week 3 since i found them and i noticed one tadpole was completely white.. i took him home and have him in a tank by himself to try to ensure his survival.. does anyone know how common this is and whether he has a good chance of turning into a frog or not? i was told by someone on another forum that they had heard of albino tads not morphing to frogs... also, if anyone can tell me where to find a picture of an albino or leucistic firebelly, i would be much obliged..

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!