A new friend...

N

nathan

Hi everyone
happy.gif

Just like to share with you all that it's been a week now since Snowie and Chloe had passed away from a leaking thermometer in my tank
sad.gif

I had cleaned the tank thoroughly and had it cycling for the last week and decided today was the day to buy myself a new friend.
Chloe number 2 is adjusting well to her new home, she stressed out abit at first but has nestled in fine.
I have updated my picture gallery and i have some pictures of the old axolotls on there for those of you who haven't seen them and I have posted one on there of my new friend Chloe II on there too. So please have a look.
I hope this is the start of a beautiful long friendship for me and Chloe II and will be sure to keep posting regularly about her as well as always.

Take care Guys

Link to picture gallery is:

http://www.users.bigpond.net.au/el8055/

Cool piccy...looks like the log is a hit already.

Axies are so discerning about these things ;-)

Heh, unrelated but I drive the same car as you ;P Well, a 94, but hey! heh.

Where do you get your axies from man? I'm in sydney aswell last place I got them from was dodgy. Do you know if Fairfield markets are any good?

Daniel,

South Windsor fish hatchery regularly breed axolotls and other fish.
They always have tubs full of baby axies
they are on the corner of Richmond Road and George Street, south windsor.
about 20 minutes drive from blacktown.
and about Parklea markets, i wouldn't trust them I've looked at their fish and axies alot of times and almost every time i've seen them they have been covered in fungus.

Also try Noah's Ark pet shop at Doonside.
I've bought two from here and have both been perfect and healthy.
They are usually sold at about 4 inches long.
They only charge $20.
They always have heaps of variety, i bought a wildtype/albino type on the weekend they had 3 of these, 3 black ones, a white albino, a white leucistic and a golden albino there on the weekend.
Every time i go there they always have lots of variety

Fairfield markets, my girlfriend lives near there i've seen axies there twice and in the same condition as parklea markets, i never trust the markets

Pet's world at Ashfield always have a good selection my girlfriend works there but they're currently moving levels in the shops and have gotten rid of all their fish n stuff until they move so in the mean time, south windsor fish hatchery and noah's ark pets at doonside

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back