Jst a little question bout blood worms

D

deanna

Is it a good idea to thaw out blood worms before giving them to my axolotls? Should i also cut the cubes in half first or just leave them whole?

Deanna - I haven't fed bloodworms to my adults...
But I have read in the forums that some people thaw them and move their axolotl to a separate feeding container.

Others have said they leave them in the tank and feed them frozen/partially thawed. It would probably be a good idea if the piece you are feeding fit into their mouth so it made less mess.

If you are feeding frozen bloodworms to young axolotls I would put the frozen worms in a brineshrimp net and rinse them in cold water until they are thawed and washed. I have found this helps keep the water much cleaner.

I thaw mine out first in a small container.

They make a lot of mess, especially if the axies dont eat all of the bloodworms, so I move my two into a separate container to feed them.

Seen as this thread is about food....

I went to the store and brought a pack of 4 different meat based foods for axies. One is bloodworm and one is daphnia, but I don't know what the other two are.

Anyway, they loved one of the two unknown - it was orangey in colour, with a meat like texture.

Its either "C...Chow" or "E..." (lol can't remember), any ideas so I can fetch a pack just of it on its own?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back