Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Treat worms in a toad?

M

mark

Hey all

Does any one know hot to tread worms in a toad? I thought panacur, but what's the dosis, and how do you give it to him? It's an adult toad but it's very skinny because of the worms.

Thanks

A

a

I bought some 2.5% liquid panacur, and the does for amphibs was 2ml per kg, given orally
Opening a toads moth is hard though, so if you can work out a way to get the right dose on its food, it would be much easier and less stressful for the toad.
hat species is it?

AJfr0ggy

M

mark

Hey thanks for the information.

It's just a Bufo bufo. It was found beside the road half dead, so we rescued it and feeded it. But lately he keeps getting skinnier, so he probably has worms.

Does any one else have some tips?

Greets mark

(Message edited by mark_ on May 23, 2004)

A

a

My old bufo had worms at one time, and just keeping it in a completely clean set up helped a lot, (as the type of worms must have had a lifecycle which needed to leave the host).Make sure it doesnt stress it, maybe placcy plants.

Is it eating a lot?

AJfr0ggy

M

mark

Hey AJJ thanks for the tip.
At the moment he's eating not very much

Mark

A

a

What are you feeding it?
Does it look like its getting thinner? I think you'd have to judge visibly, becasue they can hold a bit of water, so weighing would be inacurate.

Ajfr0ggy

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1