Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Storing Night Crawlers

HELP

Reaction score
I own a baby Axie named Slafe, he's a very greedy little thing when it comes to feeding him. I want to start feeding him night crawlers but the only problem is i cant keep the worms in my fridge, any ideas other than keeping them in the fridge is great :ufo:

Toy

Reaction score
I don't keep mine in the fridge. I just keep them in a cool area away from light.

Hayleyy

Reaction score
You can set up a mini little farm for them. I use a plastic "fish" tank, from a dollar store. Those really small ones with a lid. Just be careful with any gaps in the lid because they can fit through small holes. I put them in this with some soil (mine come with soil, but if I need to top up I just grab some from the yard). I layer it with some shredded newspaper or egg carton and keep that and the soil moist. I usually mist it every day. Keep it in a cool place and they should be fine. They will eat the newspaper but you can give them other foods if you buy them in bulk. I usually get a month's worth at a time.
A styrofoam box also works well and keeps it cool :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!