axies favorite place

dytey

Axolotl Enthusiast
Reaction score
Country
Australia
My axies favorite place is beneath the suction part of the filter is this usual or have i got a weirdo axie

I'd say if it sits there alot then it just likes sitting there.

Mine do it too... and there we are worrying about too much water movement and the little dafties do this!...so like children

Tiny Bubbles ::singing::

I have one that consistently sits under the filter, too! But after rearing axies for some time, I found a little gizmo they really enjoy: the bubble bed! Imagine a large, flat bubble stone that you place in a corner of the tank, under some of the sand- there isn't a minute in the day that one of them isn't lying on it and getting their massage. I've installed a second one in the males tank so they don't feel left out.

My Axie Banda used to do it I just pushed the filter down more so She couldnt fit her head under,

lmao! thats mean haha..
funny you guys say that, because coodle is sitting under the filter too, and she likes laying on top or in between then plants.. sometimes shes half way up the tank hidden in the plants lol

Well, Loki's ex-favorite spot was under the filter but i moved it down, so now he can't fit.

his second favorite spot is a tie between his little cave (like most axolotls) and the back right-hand corner of the tank. strangely enough he only started to sit there alot after kenghis died, and even more strangely that is the spot where i found kenghis dead.

do you think they could remember stuff like that?

I'm sure axolotls, like most animals, are oddly intuitive to sad situations. It's depressing to think about one axolotl mourning for the other like that, so hopefully it just happens to be an incredibly comfortable spot in the tank!

my axie loves to go under the filter too. he could sit there all day if he wanted too. another favourite spot is on top of the plants.

My Salsa loves sitting on top of the filter! Sometimes I see her next to it where the flow is but I'm always scared she is going to get her gills stuck in it and then she will only have 4 and a half...she lost one half at the pet shop :(

I have one that consistently sits under the filter, too! But after rearing axies for some time, I found a little gizmo they really enjoy: the bubble bed! Imagine a large, flat bubble stone that you place in a corner of the tank, under some of the sand- there isn't a minute in the day that one of them isn't lying on it and getting their massage. I've installed a second one in the males tank so they don't feel left out.

air bubbles as in with a sand stone?

Kia ora Dytey,

Both our axies do it sems to fly in the face of axies not liking water flow, but hey my kids get stressed by the thought of a shower but enjoy the actual event. Sounds like you have a normal axie.

heh my maurice sulks actually inside his log- or he sits right near the heater in the corner even though the water is always at the right temp... he follows me when he knows its feeding time :tongue:

every morning fraggle is in the same corner but she loves her balcony and enjoys ambling off of it to float down and land on one of the others. lol

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back