Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Favorite Species

lims

Reaction score
oops,,

actually yea, I've seen those carnifex ones, they ride scooters past my house wearing nothing but short shorts,, 'chow'

cheddarsox

Reaction score
My favorites....

Siren lacertina
Ambystoma maybeei
Ambystoma laterale
Pseudotriton ruber
Ambystoma talpoideum

I am lucky to live near the Blue Ridge mountains and to be able to go salamandering in rich country where these living earth jewels abound. What colorful creatures turn up under rocks in every spring, and hiding in seepages and in the cleavage of rocks! Still, I am not primarily a lungless fan, and I prefer their "chunky" cousins.

I have lived in Virginian, North Carolina and now South Carolina...near heaven for a salamander fiend like myself!

Nathan050793

Reaction score
I definitly would have to say all north-eastern Ambystoma species, I always loved finding spotted sals in spring up in Maine.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1