Eggs?

K

kim

Ive been wondering whether my wildtype female called Crumble is full of eggs, im not sure how old she is but I got her at the begining of August and she is about 9inches long..

Before I took these pictures I did think she was fatter..

This is before, just after I got her

24974.jpg

And this is just now..

24975.jpg

What do you think?... I may be wrong..
Thanks

(Message edited by jigglypuff on October 26, 2004)

Hi Kim,there's every chance she has eggs.Mine dont always look fat but they produce eggs maybe four times a year! Young axies are really easy to rear.

I'm intrigued that you say they are easy to rear, Joanne; what do you do?????
I've had all of one batch (litter?) die and all but one of the other batch.....and I'd love any advice you have that differs from the usual

Hi Frank, I'm Andy,Joannes partner,it's me that breeds them and Jo has a growing interest. After they've spawned i take the eggs, and put them in an old bath i have in my garden,all the bath has in it is pond weed (this seems to encourage insect life to take hold) and also provides cover making the young axies feel safe and stress free! I buy a fair few bags of daphnia and bloodworm and add them to the water and i then let nature do the rest! I also tend to separate 15 or so and put each one on its own in an old(large) margarine tub. This way your sure to raise more than you have been! It seems to work for me and as a result i've raised more than i can remember!

Hi Andrew,

I would be very interested in seeing some pics if you have any thanks!

Hi Kim, I'd love to show you some pictures but i'm afraid i don't have a camera of any description! It's way up there on my wish list.I'll keep my fingers crossed and hope that santa brings me one!

ahhh oh well.... hope you get one from Santa, i'd love to see you set up.

What axies do you have at the moment?

My axies look just like yours,two dark and two white. They're in a three foot aquarium and its eighteen inches wide.

Welcome to the group and good luck with your axies. I am a firm beleiver in letting nature takes it's corse and am trying to do as little as possilbe in rearing mine.

Kim you need to give your leucy to me!...Tweak think's she's hot!

why dont you just let her borrow tweak for a while until they have babies?

Mik,

You can borrow Jynx... but only if you come and get her, drop her back off and let me have one of your goldens!! :D

You cant see it in the photo, she has just a tiny few 'freckels' on her head and neck, she's sooo lovely.

Im going to the pet shop on saturday, so you never know.. i may have a new friend for you all to meet!!

cool kim, but Tweaks too lazy to do anything...you need my melly Jismo or wildtyoe Sirius. They are always ready for female company.

But my goldens are so cool i need to take piccys and post them.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back