Hello from a small town in Queensland!

emeraldd

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hi, my name is Emerald, Im 16 and I live in a town called Warwick which about 2 hours south west of Brisbane.

In the new year, I'll be getting an axolotl and calling it Cecil. If the tank I'm getting is big enough (Im not sure how big it is cos it's on layby at the petshop and I didn't measure it and it didn't have measurements on it) I'll get another one. The tank is pretty big though. I've been doing lots of research on axolotls, with the help of this site too. Im very excited about it!

I wanted an albino axolotl but our petshop only has brown or reddish-brown ones at the moment.

I'm also quite fond of siamese fighting fish and own 3 - 2 females and a male. And next year, I'll be getting 2 or 3 hermit crabs to fill an old fish tank. All my life I've had a thing about fish and sea creatures, Im not sure why, but I really like them :]

So, there we go!

Cya.

Hi Emerald, pleased to meet you. I just joined too. See the "G'day from Brisbane, Australia" thread. I 'just' transfered my axolotl 'Solo' into his new tank not 5 minutes ago. I hope these forums help you as much as they are helping me...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back