Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Threatened Newts and Salamanders of the World - Captive Care Management

MarioR

Reaction score
Hi,

(dear forum team: i didn't know where to post that so, feel free to displace this topic into another forum.)

Soon, in a month or so, this book will be published: Chimaira Buchhandels GmbH - Threatened Newts and Salamanders of the World - Captive Care Management Threatened Newts and Salamanders of the World - Captive Care Management 131212-429

I guess it will be one of the most important books dealing with captive care management of newts & salamanders since many years.
Many europeans I know are involved and I think it will be great!

I ordered mine in December and I can hardly await till my copy arrives!

Regards,
Mario

MarioR

Reaction score
Hi Sean,

as far as I know it is, yes.
I think only german Shops will sell it.

Regards,
Mario

FrogEyes

Reaction score
The publisher is bound to be the first to list it, but you can probably expect the following to have it before long:
herpbooks.com.au [Australia]
Zoobook Sales [Minnesota] - previous copublisher of English editions from Chimaira
NHBS [UK]

Krieger Publishing [Florida] - previous publisher of English translations from Chimaira

None of these list the title at the moment, but the first three will likely have it before long. Contact them to find out.

Molch

Reaction score
is it only in english, or is there an original german version?

mr cyclone

Reaction score
OH well i ordered my copy online last night when i got in from the pub,so fingers crossed its the one in english i ordered.Best impulse ,drunken purchase ive made lately lol

mr cyclone

Reaction score
My copy arrives on monday or tuesday .I also have a booo on shanjing and kaiseri arriving.but they are still in german language ,I will translate what i need and drewel over the pictures lol

MarioR

Reaction score
Hi Sean,

in my opinion: Yes!

As a AG Urodela member (Amphibia) and Gersfeld-visitor I know many of the photos used and some caresheets aswell.
But I promise you you won't find caresheets about most of these species anywhere on the web or in other books. The information in this book is very accurate and written by very reliable persons from all over Europe.

Regards,
Mario

Sean90

Reaction score
Thanks Mario got my copy. Keep looking at the photographs found it very useful and made good use of in my assignments already.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1