Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Question: Repashy Grub Pie dots

pinstripesc

Reaction score
Hey all,

I've recently been feeding my salamander grub pie, and he seems a lot more energetic. I noticed today that the batch had dots on it though. I'm guessing it's going bad, but wanted to be sure before tossing the whole batch. If it is expiring, I made way too much at once :lol:

Thanks

Otterwoman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Can you post a pic? I have never heard of this food.

But I wouldn't feed any food I was unsure of. If they became sick how I would regret it! What's the price of tossing a little food vs making your creature ill or worse. Do a mental risk calculation. : )

Otterwoman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I agree with Auli. You could call the company and ask if it's a normal thing, if it happens again, or even this time.

dano

Reaction score
I use Repashy food also . When first made it is only good for 2 weeks. After that it will mold. To get around this you can freeze it for up to 6 months. I usually cut it into squares and than freeze it. I take a square out of the freezer that I will use in a two week period with no problems.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!