New site

Do you like the new site?

• Total voters
Remember, you still have the option of using the old skin - at the bottom left of the page you will see a pulldown that lets you choose it.

To reward the folks who have given such helpful feedback, there is now a third option - New Look Caudata.org FLUID. What this means it hat it will adjust its width to the width of your browser. This is great news for people with monitors that don't belong in the Stone Age: the site will enlarge its width like the old one! For people still rooted in the Stone Age, the fluid version may also help you see all of a post on the same screen - it will resolutely refuse to be too wide for you. However, these "Stone Agers" will pay a small price - the area at the top of the site will only shrink so far before things start to go behind other things.

So rejoice and be merry and remember that no one who hasn't read this thread will probably ever know about it!

I like the old way before and how it was organized. Maybe it is because I was on it so long like that but it was easy to me with them all right there listed under their respective headings and sub-headings and categories. I knew where to look for my stuff.

If I understand what you mean, you can find the forum listings by clicking "Forum Index" in the black navigation bar at the top of the page. (That's what I do, for the same reason.)

-Eva

To reward the folks who have given such helpful feedback, there is now a third option - New Look Caudata.org FLUID. What this means it hat it will adjust its width to the width of your browser. This is great news for people with monitors that don't belong in the Stone Age: the site will enlarge its width like the old one! For people still rooted in the Stone Age, the fluid version may also help you see all of a post on the same screen - it will resolutely refuse to be too wide for you. However, these "Stone Agers" will pay a small price - the area at the top of the site will only shrink so far before things start to go behind other things.

So rejoice and be merry and remember that no one who hasn't read this thread will probably ever know about it!

It took me two months, but I just found that option WITHOUT reading this thread :D
Much improved, thanks John!

honestly i do prefer the old site although this way may have new functions but some things have become more awkward for example and correct me if im wrong as i may well be but how do you blog with the new site i have cliked on loads of blog links but i cannot for the life of me find a way to write a new blog.

bradley

ps if i find out that ive been looking at the answer the whole time i dont know what im going to do.

Hey Bradley,

If you go to the blogs page and look at the lefthand side of the screen, you will see the option "Post to your blog". You can also do it from the User CP, and from the "Your Blog" option in the "Blogs" drop-down list at the top of each page here.

-Eva

ok now that that is figured out i have no problem with the new site. In fact i kind of like it.

brad

I've added a link to the community menu that will hopefully solve your problem.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back