Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Salamandra salamandra subspecies

R

rubén

Salamandra salamandra salamandra from the forest of Sutjeska National Park ( Bosnia Herzegovina )

26548.jpg

26549.jpg

andrew

Reaction score
Beautiful animals Ruben and nice pictures, salamandra are one of my favourite familys

S

sergé

Strange animals! Have you been there or was someone so kind to take the pictures for you? The Balkan area is still little researched on salamandra and these animals look quit different from for instance Salamandra salamandra salamandra from Austria. If you have more pictures from other indivuiduals from that area, please post them!

R

rubén

Hi Sergé , this is the other one picture . I've been two years ago in this place . Unfortunately I don`t have more pics of this ssp. , but tomorrow I'll post about the habitat ( I think is very interesting ) if you want . I also think that they are strange animals . In my opinion are similar to Salamandra salamandra beschkovi from Pirin mountains ( Bulgary ) , but I don't know if there is any taxonomic study started on this area ; I think that morphology and habitat are very similars , but is necessary a genetic study . Unfortunately there are more important things to make on this country . Anyway the habitat is very interesting ; are mountains of 1.200 - 1.600 m. with one of the oldest and biggest forests in Europe , with endemic trees ( Picea omorika/Picea abies/Fagus sylvatica ) where still lives bears and wolves . Really an awesome place !!

26578.jpg

S

sergé

There is no one doing genetical research or morpholgical research on Salamandra on the Balkans as far as I know...so..if someone needs a study object in his biology study...not even the distribution is well none.
Yes, a habitat picture would be nice! Thank you1

S

sebastian

.... small contribution from Dalmatien. Photographed in the national park Male-Paklenica, southern Velebit mountains. A good area to climb.
Greet Sebastian.
26636.jpg
26637.jpg
26638.jpg

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!