Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Weird caudate deformity poll

L

leanne

I just discovered today that my male notopthalmus viridescens has FIVE fingers on his right hand!

Anyone else have any "special" pets with extra digits/heads/tails, or maybe one less something than they should have? Better yet, any photos to go along with your post?

L

leanne

Ok, THAT'S definitely freaky. Although I heard somewhere that Marilyn Monroe had 6 toes on each foot(?).

L

leanne

Ah, ok---I was always curious about the validity of that Marilyn Monroe rumor....
uhoh.gif

Mike, do you have a photo of Mole? He sounds like a special little dude indeed
proud.gif

(Message edited by tadpole on March 10, 2004)

P

paris

i have one of a popei larva with a little something growing out of his/her tail. its not a full extra tail but it affects the tail bone because you can see it bend there. i am unsure what it is, but it has no digits and is after the pelvic region-so im leaning more towards it being a second tail.(but placement isnt always a clue-there was a 3 legged man who had a thumb growing out of his knee)

13214.jpg

13215.jpg

L

leanne

That is so neat---I'm thinking because of the shape of it that it looks like an extra tail more than anything (but, maybe it's an extra head or something?!!). Are you going to keep the guy and see what it looks like when morphed?
smile7.gif

J

jamie

my boyfriend swears that my california newt has four fingers on one hand and five fingers with a thumb like thing on the other. I can't tell, but he's dead set on it.....

L

leanne

Hmm, gonna hafta get the magnifying glass out on this! I'll try as soon as I can get ahold of a camera again to get a photo of mine with the five fingers, maybe you can compare....

L

leanne

Woah, AWESOME!! This would make excellent desktop wallpaper....

H

henk

The eyeless gene in axolotls is of a genetic origin and such animals remain infertile.. so I hope you don't intendto breedwith it . I have a white onel ike this with a blakc head and some golden eyeless... It's incredible to see, but if you let a worm drop towards their head they actually snap at it even far before the worm reaches their head, as if they have eyes

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!