Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

My online school failed...

Sith the turtle

Reaction score
Silly GCA, the eastern or red spotted newt (You didn't even get the name right) isn't endangered, it's relatives are. Get your facts straight.:

Neotenic_Jaymes

Reaction score
There are many notorious mishaps in publications in books or in online articles everywhere. But technically calling a N.v.virridescens a Spotted Newt isn't technically wrong because the statement is aimed to be general. But I can see why people like us would have an issue with it.

Neotenic_Jaymes

Reaction score
Check this one out. This is an old screen shot I took from years ago. I believe it was from a DNR website. Forget what state, I know it was a southern state.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    147.7 KB · Views: 248

Sith the turtle

Reaction score
There are many notorious mishaps in publications in books or in online articles everywhere. But technically calling a N.v.virridescens a Spotted Newt isn't technically wrong because the statement is aimed to be general. But I can see why people like us would have an issue with it.

Yeah, it's just irksome, bothers me even though I know what they mean

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!