Too old to boogey [hyla veriscolor]

Tadpoles of several species are known to bask in shallow water. I think its interesting how you need to bash is theory because thats all it is, a theory. It's merely a possible answer to a question. It's also possible that they are just warming up to speed up their metabolism/development.

I had no Idea that grey's could hybridize, I thought it was impossible as one is a triploid, the other a diploid.

Who said they couldn't hybrise? One is tetraploid and one is diploid, not triploid.

As for your tadpole idea, that's been researched somewhat and I believe it's even in text books - they are using the heat to increase their growth rate.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back