Question: Here's my axolotl! How does it look?

Jessicat

Reaction score
Country
Canada
...Hopefully looking healthy ^^; It's really hard to take pics of the UV glow, but anyways, this is Rico, he's a wild type with added glow, lol. I can't actually tell if he's male or female yet, guess I can call her Rika if s/he ends up female XD Got in late September last year from the Canadian Reptile Breeders Expo [go figure :p] Can't really get over how adorable they are, but I miss the time when they're small and see-through.

Attachments

• DSCF7399_800x600.JPG
    DSCF7399_800x600.JPG
    105.7 KB · Views: 271
  • DSCF7398_800x600.JPG
    DSCF7398_800x600.JPG
    92.6 KB · Views: 248
Looks healthy to me. Very pretty too! Congrats! -Seth

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back