Some pics of my 4 beasties

Toothloose

Reaction score
Country
Belgium
Here are some pics of my 4 axolotls. one wild type, one yellow albino and two leucistics.

Enjoy watching

They sure are cute!

So cute!!! if you don't mind me asking what size tank is that? I love your set up

very nice, are those real plants? they sure look it!
what substrate are you using?

Gorgeous! Fantastic tank, and all your babies look fantastic!

Those guys are really cute! :) I love the wild/melanoid (I'm not sure which he is, I am new to this!).

@ AshSeek : It's about 80 cm wide and 35 cm deep. But a new and bigger tank is coming soon. I'm planning on upgrading to a 120 cm tank or bigger.

@ mackinthebox : Yes all the plants are real, it are mostly cuttings and leftovers from my other tanks and my brother his tanks. But not all the plants do well because of the low temperature and low lighting. Survival of the fittest :)
And substrate is Dennerle Quartzsand, I chose it because it's not sharp and not harmless when they would swallow some of it. Don't know the name of the color anymore.

And to the rest, thanks for the compliments :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back