Reaction score
Country
United States
Display Name
Яei ☆
7a5uha8u.jpg

u3uhu8a3.jpg

ubadyzu6.jpg

Envy is my gfp wild type. The moment I saw her I fell in love, and I wasn't the only one! The shop I bought her from did not want to sell her. She has so much spunk. She'll follow after your hand if she's hungry, and she's always hungry. She eats like a glutton and puts everyone else to shame. She's one curvy lady most days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How lovely! She does remind me of a melanoid but I guess the ring around her eye means she's not one? I don't really get how that works exactly. But regardless of name, she's a beauty. I love the flush of red in the gills.

How lovely! She does remind me of a melanoid but I guess the ring around her eye means she's not one? I don't really get how that works exactly. But regardless of name, she's a beauty. I love the flush of red in the gills.

Melanoids lack the golds and other colors and are plain dark. She is actually a lot more splotchy than the pictures show. The tip thats red is due to the end of her gill being gold, she also has a green/gold flake on her forehead and around her body. She just happens to be a super dark wild type and as it turns out, so do her babies. I kept one because it was really bright green but hes slowly getting dark like his mom. I'm so sad over it :/

So the red gills mean that she's a paradox? I know in reptiles a different spot = paradox. Like a leucistic having a black spot, or an albino with normal pattern mixed in as well.

I have no idea? The red is only showing cause she was excited about the worm, normally it's dark.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back