Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Ohio, Kentucky, Indiana Workshop

blckkeys

Reaction score
FYI...There will be a workshop in Cincinnati Ohio on April 4th. The workshop is geared towards woodland owners. Here are the topics to some of the sessions:

General Pond Management
Vernal Pools
Managing for water fowl,
Aquatic mammals
Aquatic vegetation management
Riparian Forest Management
Timber Marketing
Pruning
Managing for Mast production (mast would refer to acorns, hickory nuts, cherries, etc.)
Bats
Flying squirrels
Wildlife Monitoring
GPS for woodland owners

This is a workshop that occurs generally every year and it rotates between the three states mentioned. This year is Ohio's turn to host it. It is focused on educating woodland owners about their woods and about some possible management activities that can be used.

I am not sure what the vernal pools topic will be about exactly. I will know more at a later date. When an offical flyer comes out I will post that as well, if people are interested.

Kaysie

Site Contributor
Reaction score
Pat, look forward to the flier. I really hope to make it to this one. But my track record with workshops in Ohio is just... not good. lol.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!