Floating Back Legs

LCVZS

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all!

I am a new member to this forum but have been following it religiously as a guest for a while now.

Our Axolotls back legs only (not whole bottom end with tail) have been floating upwards for about three weeks now. She’s in quarantine because she had a fungal infection which has cleared up and we will re-introduce her back to the tank soon. The legs have been like this since before so I believe it’s unrelated. She is eating and passing waste fine every day so it’s not constipation. She can use her back legs normally and walk along the tank/ climb etc but it doesn’t seem normal for her to be like this every time she stops moving? Any thoughts would be really appreciated :)

Attachments

• B681F3A0-B4B3-464E-A47A-FDAE826F5D1C.jpg
    B681F3A0-B4B3-464E-A47A-FDAE826F5D1C.jpg
    141.2 KB · Views: 274
  • CFD0071B-4C74-4FFF-817E-DCC4C017A4E9.jpg
    CFD0071B-4C74-4FFF-817E-DCC4C017A4E9.jpg
    134.9 KB · Views: 207
That does not look like a normal rest position, but maybe it's just some kind of congenital defect, that she can live with.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back