Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Question: Aqua One Horizon 130 Styleline Aquarium

StormWolf

Reaction score
Hi everyone, been a while since I have been on but I'm here now. Anyway I want to know if anyone has a Aqua One Horizon 130 Styleline? I'm also interested in possible having a planted aquarium for my Axie. What Substrate would be best for this and what plants are suitable for Axies. Many Thanks :happy:

Viking

Reaction score
Any floating plants work. I use hornwort and duckweed. Plants that can be mounted onto wood or large rocks like Java Fern and all Anubis are very attractive There are many choices out there. Just find plants that like cool hard water.

I myself prefer bare bottom tanks. There is much discussion about substrate. You want to avoid things that can be swallowed and cause digestive blockage. Gravel is a possible problem though many people have not had problems. Smaller axies are more likely to hurt themselves on gravel.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!