Axolotl Might Have Parasites ?

milkandchips

Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
My axolotl, Milk used to be a fine, young, axie, until one day it literally refused every meal i gave. Chopped up earthworms, bloodworms, and pellets. I read that every once in a while, an axolotl might have a hunger strike, so i thought nothing of it. It had some floating problems and it was floating unbalanced near the top, and I didn't know how to fix that either. But recently, its tankmate axie, chips, had died mysteriously. I was scared there was bacteria or bad things in the water, so i did a 50% water change and added some indian almond leaves into the filter. I also fridged Milk for around 2 hours, not leaving it inside for too long because I had to go somewhere and couldn't keep watch. Today, I saw some red things behind Milk's hind legs and I was very worried. Then, after another 50% water change, I found Milk swimming laps at the top of the tank, and sometimes just bumping the sides of the glass. I'm worried it might be parasites.

I have a 30G bare-bottom tank, with a 900L/H filter and 2 airstones (which i put on a timer).

Attachments

• 20191208_193307.jpg
    20191208_193307.jpg
    317.3 KB · Views: 2,089
  • 20191201_220520.jpg
    20191201_220520.jpg
    240.3 KB · Views: 334
  • 20191201_220651.jpg
    20191201_220651.jpg
    231.2 KB · Views: 331
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back