Axolotl Legality

D

dave

I am surprised at how hardy Axies are. They like cool, water, streams. They would probably do really well in Washington State. In what states are axies Illegal?

Hi Dave,

Man, I just get to see you everywhere....

They are illegal in NJ..

Ed

Hi Dave,
To bad you can't make it to IAD. Now we could count you in Caudata.org attendance.
Axolotls like cool water. I'm not so sure about the stream part. If the stream has much current to it I don't think they would thrive. Lakes are a different story. I talk to lots of people that keep axolotls year round in outside ponds.
Axolotls are even having trouble surviving in their native habitat due to pressure from introduced species.

how do i find out if axies are legal in my country? do you know? because i´m getting him in a street booth...
They don´t seem to sell them in the pet-shops.

Amalia, your best bet I assume would be to go to a website for the local council or something like that... Do a google.com search. Something like that.

My best friend lived in Argentina though, for a while, and he kept an axolotl there
happy.gif

hummmm my parents are thinking about getting a pond maybe i could keep him in there while im away or want to keep it cool^^

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back