easy-care newts

BlackWolf25

Reaction score
Country
United States
Display Name
§Sinner§
ok, now that i have my fbn healthy now, i am thinkin of getting another newt, what would be a good one to get other than a paddletail and fbn?

It depend whether you prefer fully aquatic, semi aquatic or terrestrial salamanders.
After losing my axolotls I decided to keep only terrestrial sals so I have a pair of tiger salamanders and a pair of blue-spotted salamanders. I really love my tigers, they have lots of personality and are easy to keep.
Another factor to consider is how much space, time and money you are willing to put into this.

One good thing about terrestrial salamanders is that with them, you won't have to worry about water quality.

i am going to go terrestrial or whatever

i am going to go terrestrial or whatever

Terrestrial or whatever? That really doesn't sound like a decision to me. Please research the species you are interested in and their care requirements before going out to purchase one "or whatever."

sorry the whatever ment i thought i spelled it wrong

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back