Hello Hello!

Puffleduck

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hey everyone! Hope it's not too hot if you're in the USA! It's been very very hot here in Texas!

I'm a senior in college right now, and am looking to get an axolotl very soon! I've been stalking this forum for months for research, but finally decided to make an account :tongue:
I have a pug and a dwarf hamster, but my brother had a couple different reptiles growing up so I'm at least a little familiar with non-furry pets ahahah.

I'd be happy to hear any tips on axolotl care that you may have!

Well, in the hot weather you have to make sure to keep that thing cool! :bowl:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back