Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Axolotls from mexico ajua

Kaysie

Site Contributor
Reaction score
S/he doesn't. If you read the entire post, it says (at least twice) that they're in a temporary container while their permanent housing is being washed.

melfly

Reaction score
I'm assuming picture 5 is an older picture?
Are these the ones which were sold? If it is current they are underfed and their gills dont look too good either.

Hopefully its an old pic as the other pics show chunky axies!

Mel

logan80

Reaction score
thanks, tomorrow going to update the photos of my axies, i have 250 new axis

Lua

Reaction score
wow axolotl overload! it must be a massive task keeping them all housed + fed, do you plan on selling a few? did you raise them from eggs?If so thats quite an achievement :)Are they a common pet in Mexico?

logan80

Reaction score
the axolotl its not common pet in my country, but its very apreciate

Jasmini

Reaction score
Do you have a picture of the axolotl-setup? I'm curious how their aquarium looks like! :happy:

SapphireTigress

Reaction score
you are unsure as to why the authorities are not allowing reintroduction? There are a ton of reasons, mainly concerned about introducing foreign pathogens into an environment that the native species, in this case, axolotls, are not exposed to in the wild, only in captivity. This can wipe the whole species out!

there are other reasons too, just do some research.

Kaysie

Site Contributor
Reaction score
The biggest reason there is no reintroduction of axolotls into Mexico is because there is no habitat to reintroduce them into. Their habitat has been effectively eliminated.

axolotl lvr

Reaction score
Once you have them as pets for longer than 90 days its illegal to reintroduce them into the wild...
It is avoidable!!! seperate them!! They have natural instincts to eat things that move .. You really should read up on the species.. Im a newbie and I have 4 juvies and they are not kept together at all..
why take the chance?? Plus they are an endangered species Im sure you broke some laws by taking them from the wild..

It hurts to see so many limbs missing they should be seperated and asap!!

Thanks for sharing the pics they are very cute!!!

axolotl lvr

Reaction score
Considering it is thought that there is only about 700-1000 left in the wild why in the world are u keeping so many??? Are you contributing to the endangered species list or have u bought them somewhere???

michel3171

Reaction score
I have to say those pictures are a bit distressing to me. I don't see why you would keep so many together if there is limb bitting going on.

He placed them in a temporarily storage container, to wash their bowl. I don't want to be rude, but you should read the other comments, saying that the Axolotls are in a temporarily storage container. Again, I don't want to be rude! ;)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!