Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Do ADF's get Whitespot

firefly

Reaction score
Got a couple of questions please:

1/ Do ADF's catch whitespot
2/ Is Interpet No 6 whitespot treatment dangerous to them.

Many thanks

Jenste

Reaction score
To be honest, I have not yet come across it but it is very very possible -

Ich (white spot) is a disease that acts like an aquatic parasite - There is nothing that would make frogs be immune to the parasite.

here is a pretty good website regarding the treatment and prevention of Ich.
Cause, Treatment, and Prevention of Ich in Freshwater Fish

Also, read up on salt baths. In summary,
For daily salt baths, take a spare container (Tupperware or a Kritter Keeper) - add one gallon of dechlorinated water around 72* and 1/2 Teaspoon of Epsom Salt. Let the frog remain in here for an hour. The discard the water and return the frog to its tank.

Salt baths are a great way to help the frog fight off disease and infection - they are quite tolerant of them in comparison to fish and would help with the Ich infestation.

It would also help if while the frog is in the bath, you do the massive - (M.A.S.S.I.V.E) - cleaning out of its tank!

firefly

Reaction score
To be honest, I have not yet come across it but it is very very possible -

Ich (white spot) is a disease that acts like an aquatic parasite - There is nothing that would make frogs be immune to the parasite.

here is a pretty good website regarding the treatment and prevention of Ich.
Cause, Treatment, and Prevention of Ich in Freshwater Fish

Also, read up on salt baths. In summary,
For daily salt baths, take a spare container (Tupperware or a Kritter Keeper) - add one gallon of dechlorinated water around 72* and 1/2 Teaspoon of Epsom Salt. Let the frog remain in here for an hour. The discard the water and return the frog to its tank.

Salt baths are a great way to help the frog fight off disease and infection - they are quite tolerant of them in comparison to fish and would help with the Ich infestation.

It would also help if while the frog is in the bath, you do the massive - (M.A.S.S.I.V.E) - cleaning out of its tank!

Thanks Jenste - my frogs don't have it but the fish in my main tank have just 'got over' a spate of it. I wanted to transfer them to the main tank at some point but won't yet obviously.

Kaysie

Site Contributor
Reaction score
This is a salamander forum, with a frog subsection. Glad you got some information though!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!