Echinotriton andersoni observations

freves

Reaction score
Country
United States
Display Name
Foster Reves
I have two groups of animals. One that I have had for about a year now seems to be of Okinawan descent and the other group seems to be descended from the Tokunoshima island populaton. I am basing these assumptions solely on their appearance as I have no way of verifying the origins of the parents (all animals are CB). Anyway, one interesting observation that I have made is that the Tokunoshima island group are much more active than their Okinawan counterparts. I have noticed several individuals moving about during the day, even entering the shallow water dish. All of the animals seem healthy so I do not believe that they are stressed in anyway. I would be interested in hearing what others who keep this species have to say.
Chip

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back