Beef heart..

pavett1990

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
With beef heart does it need to be from a pet store/online sit or can I use the likes of this from a supermarket

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360005075.122676.jpg

Thanks guys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't feed beef heart. It's not proper nutrition. Find some worms.

I'm looking for something to feed them as a bit of a change as their temperamental and stop eating the food if they eat it regularly..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beef heart is high in fat & it's a dense animal fat something that an axolotls gut would never find in foods that it should eat.

Earthworms are a good staple diet & there isn't really a need to vary the food.

If they don't want to eat then don't feed for that day. My juveniles are now all over 6" & they don't want to eat every day even if its offered - then other days they suck up 5 worms. I think it's the way they prefer to eat. Feeding every other day seems to be the norm for larger axolotls :)

<3 >o_o< <3

I agree. Beef heart is fatty and lacks a lot of nutrients. That would be like feeding your toddler a bag of potato chips because they don't want to eat real food.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back