Feeder guppys or not?

dudzie

Reaction score
Country
Denmark
Display Name
Dudzie
The food i have for my axies is running out, aaand the food i can get a hold of right now is guppys..
but from what i've read on here, they are not good for axies?

What i have left: 2 worms left, 6 cherry shrimp and frozen bloodworms.
what i can get a hold of: fish, pellets and frozen bloodworms..

I am currently giving them haddock (i've been told its bad food, but its better than nothing.. i hope)

So!
i was thinking about getting some feeder guppys.
Good or bad idea? :)

In these circumstances... bad idea. Nutritionally, feeder guppies are good. But when they are purchased from a pet shop there is a large chance of bringing in some disease.

I'd recommend using the frozen bloodworms. If you use fish food, be sure it's carnivore pellets. In either case, be careful about cleaning up uneaten ones, as these foods easily foul the water when there are leftovers.

You may also be able to buy frozen, whole, tiny fish in a pet shop (in the US, they are called shiners or silversides). And find a source of earthworms.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back