Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Illness/Sickness: Is my axolotl ill?

Dobbin45

Reaction score
Hello there!
Im not sure if this is the right place, but I wanted to make sure my axolotl is not ill.
Ive owned this one for about a year and a bit now, and every since then he has had this marking on his head. I dont think its harmful, but i just want to make sure. Attached are some photos
3HFLCTd

c5JJiyK

please let me know what you guys think and if it is bad, how to cure him!

tundrabadger

Reaction score
You know, I was quite honestly expecting a light axolotl with a dark spot, that's entirely the other way around. he's had that the entire time you've had him? Looks like just a patch where there's no pigment for whatever reason, it doesn't look irritated or raised up or anything along those lines. I'm no expert,but I would guess that's just one of those things, just a bit if uniqueness in your axie.

Giuseppe

Reaction score
I've seen some other wild types with markings like that I don't believe its illness just pigmentation! It almost looks like a concentrated patch of iridophores! I don't think it's anything to worry about

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!