Hi

SKC

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Hi everybody,

I've been lurking on this page for years for advice about my T. granulosa Scooter, who passed away over the summer. I'd had her for over 18 years.

I still miss her, but the empty 30gal was too much of a presence in my living room. After cycling the tank, my fiancé and I went out this weekend and bought ourselves a pair of Spanish Ribbeds. They're both female, which they helpfully demonstrated by spending their first morning with us laying eggs. They tried to eat each other's faces when I dropped in some bloodworms. It was a bit shocking after owning a lone (and in my opinion, much cuter) newt who once lost a wrestling match to an earthworm.The green monster, as the instigator of that first fight is Fenway and the other is Wrigley (Wriggly).

Anyway, thank you for all your questions and answers. You've all been so helpful!

Welcome to the forum! RIbbed newts have their charms, hopefully they will grow on you!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back