3 Foot 2 Level Turtle Tank

JJJK

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hi!

I'm new to this site so have no idea what I'm doing but I have a question I'm wondering if you could please answer!

I have a 3ft / 163L / 43 gallon tank - 91cm x 38cm x 47cm (36 inches x 15 inches x 18.5 inches) which has a second level 33cm x 38cm (13inches x 15 inches) as it's made for turtles. Just wondering how many adult axolotls would fit in the tank and if that extra floor space makes any difference to that number?

Note: I have a canister filter running with it that filters 2000L/h.

Thanks! :happy:

You could fit up to 4 axolotls in there! Make sure the water level is a couple of inches above the shelf so they can be completely submerged while in there. My current axolotl tank is an old turtle tank, a little smaller than yours, but I have removed the shelf as it was way too big to work with the axies.
I'd love to see a pic once it's all set up!

Thanks, Hayley! That's good to know! :happy:
I have thrown some things in the tank from our old tanks just to give the axolotls places to hide and explore, but nothing has been chosen specifically to decorate the tank yet! Photo attached. :D

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_53.jpg
    fullsizeoutput_53.jpg
    493.4 KB · Views: 218
Looks great! That shelf is nice, much better than mine was haha

Thanks! :happy: The Axolotls are happy with it. :D

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back