Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Something wrong with her feet?

biotech1

Reaction score
Hello, i got my first axolotl 2 weeks ago and everything has been going well. However, i have noticed that when ever she is having around on the sand she has 1 or 2 of her feet lifted up and she tends to lay in her feed bowl off the sand. Is there something wrong? I used super naturals fine grain sand. Or is this normal?

tundrabadger

Reaction score
I haven't noticed if my axies keep any feet lifted up, I will try and watch for it and let you know. Downside, they're probably going to assume that I'm there to feed them even I'm not, so they will be excited for nothing, I hope you're happy.

In all seriousness, it would be helpful to be able to see her body language while she's doing it...are her gills curled forward, is her tail curling, that sort of thing. I find personally, and I can really only speak in reference to the three axolotls that are in the room with me now, that body language can help to spot the difference between an axolotl that there is something wrong with and an axolotl that is being weird for no particular reason.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!