Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Nick Baker's Weird Creatures: Axolotls

Dcerdeiras

Reaction score
I just saw a great show about the Axolotl. This guy named Nick Baker, who goes around the world looking for wierd creatures, goes to Mexico and searches for wild axolotls. He not only finds one and shows their threats in the wild, but he actually gets to see a very rare axolotl which has fully metamorphosized. Defiantly worth the watch.
It airs on the science channel; I'll see if I can record it next time and put it on Youtube.

Aquacraze

Reaction score
Re: Nick Baker's Wierd Creatures: Axolotols

That sounds pretty cool! :happy:

darkfaerie

Reaction score
Re: Nick Baker's Wierd Creatures: Axolotols

Sounds like my kinda program! I like watching 'Deadly 60' too - often on CBBC with Steve Backshall; he finds some pretty weird and wonderful (and deadly!) creatures on his travels! :)

ax

Reaction score
Re: Nick Baker's Weird Creatures: Axolotols

there was a post about this a while back, never seen the show though - couldnt find it anywhere online :(

Minniechild

Reaction score
It's sad just how polluted it is there.... You wonder how ANY creature could survive in that filth, let alone such an adorable axie!

Star

Reaction score
thank you! been hunting for ages! Does anyone know if there is a longer exert? Surely there has to be more on these beauties!

Edit: there is, it is just where to find it! 'Axolotl
The Axolotl is a type of salamander that Nick has kept as a pet for two decades. He learns about its unique biology that holds great promise for medical science, and discovers how Mexico City's development has driven this creature to the edge of extinction.' suggests more hunting must be done!

Aaran

Reaction score
I have found a torrent for the full episode!

Sadly no one is streaming it at the momment, However i wont be deleting it from my torrent list in the hope that someone turns on their pc long enough for me to download it then i will stream it for you lot :D

been waiting around 2 weeks and nothing yet :(

John

Founder
Staff member
Reaction score
Nick was on Caudata.org about 18 months ago talking about his hellbender episode and also talking about ideas for the axolotl episode. Glad to see the axolotl episode has aired. I believe his member name here is nick the bug guy or something similar.

Aaran

Reaction score
Hey john, yes i found him on the site,

Just for everyones information, IT FINALLY DOWNLOADED! so i will be streaming so you can all find it, PM me for a link to the torrent :)

Miss

Reaction score
awww thats soooo cool. i watched the bit Aquacarze found and i'd LOVE to see the rest of it... i love how excited he gets when he finds one...lol

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!