The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Notices

Photo & Video Gallery The place to share and discuss photos and videos of newts and salamanders.

Old 21st July 2010   #1
Ivn
(Lorrio)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: Lorrio is an unknown quantity at this point
Default My pair of S.s.salamandra

Hi!

Here you have some pictures from my two less than a year age Salamandra salamandra salamandra. They are my firsts urodeleans and I think that they are very well. The diet consists basically in earthworms. Ive some difficults to obtain other food but this is the best. They are growing more faster than I was thinking.
Without doubt, an amazing animals.

Click the image to open in full size.

Eating a earthworm

And the last, the terrarium. Now is a few small because they are small too, but with the time both will grow.

I hope you like it.

Lorrio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2010   #2
Rodrigo
(Azhael)
Site Contributor

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 19
Comments: 2
Rep: Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)
Default re: My pair of S.s.salamandra

S.salamandra is the king of caudates xD
Very nice tank, too, although i would perhaps add some stacked bark for additional hiding areas, or maybe more leaf-litter (just to make sure they have plenty of hiding options, since they can be mildly territorial).

Muy majas las salamandras

Useful Links: Caudata Culture | Species Accounts | Care Articles | Newt and Salamander FAQs | Axolotl.org | Axolotl FAQs | Forum Functions.

Non Timetis Messor.
Azhael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2010   #3
eljorgo
Banned

Nationality:
Comments: 27
Rep: eljorgo has given consistently excellent advice and informationeljorgo has given consistently excellent advice and informationeljorgo has given consistently excellent advice and informationeljorgo has given consistently excellent advice and information
Default Re: My pair of S.s.salamandra

[QUOTE=Azhael;242174]S.salamandra is the king of caudates xD
/QUOTE]

No theyre not xDD hahaha.

Nice salamanders Lorrio!
cheers,

eljorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2010   #4
Julia
(bellabelloo)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 19
Comments: 13
Rep: bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11

Lovely pictures. I am presently setting up a tank for some new additions , so your post has helped me a lot. What kind of lid do you use?

bellabelloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2010   #5
Alberto
(Lisso93)

Nationality:
Rep: Lisso93 is an unknown quantity at this point

Very nice. They look very healthy ...
Salu2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azhael View Post
salamandra is the king of caudates xD
Well, Azhael, for me the kings of the caudate are the European newts:

Lisso93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2010   #6
Ivn
(Lorrio)

Nationality:
Rep: Lorrio is an unknown quantity at this point

OK. Im very glad that you like them.

AZHAEL, you have reson, some adicional hiding areas maybe would necessary. In my next visit to the forest for "hunt" eartworms Ill give to home some pieces of bark.

BELLABELOO about the kind of lid that I use, well this terrarium in fact is for corn snakes. Above it have a metalic net with small holes. The door is at the front, and is a single glass that you can to take away to pulling down it. The ilumination is above the metallic net. I thing that is a Exoterra terrarium, but Im not sure. I like very much this terrarium, is perfect for my "babes".

Im very happy that you like it.

Lorrio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2010   #7
Aitortxu

Nationality:
Rep: Aitortxu has started on the right path

Hi Lorrio,
They are very nice. Im glad they are so good.
Best regards .

Aitortxu is offline   Reply With Quote