The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Notices

Bufonidae: True Toads For the discussion of true toads.

Old 24th January 2007   #1
rodrigo

Gallery Images:
Comments:

hi, yesterday i brought home a young Bufo marinus. Me and my house mate had been looking for one for quite some time, and yesterday while buying critters i saw them. We didnt expect it so its been quite a surprise.
Weve been doing research but there are a couple of things that we are not sure, since each site gives different info.
So if anyone could help us it would be great.

What are the exact temps they need?? Ive read between 22-27C with a drop to 20C at night.
Also its said not to keep them too wet....but what exactly is not too wet? should i mist the tank once a day? twice a week??
finally...are they easily stressed animals?? It looks quite scared of anything moving and shows no interest in eating. I know its soon and it has to make itself at home, but i want to know if any activity next to it, or disturbance could stress it even more. Its quite a shy animal.

Tags
cane, toad

(View-All Members who have read this thread since 9th December 2019, 17:07 (Set) (Clear)

There are no names to display.