The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Notices

Axolotl General Discussion Open axolotl forum: if it doesn't fit in the sub-topics then post it here.

Old 20th September 2013   #1
wazasunrider

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: wazasunrider is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Really frustrated now

I have my second axie in a tank with sand substrate, a side filter and some places to hide for him, I have some feeder guppies in there for him but judging by the look of him he will be dead by morning. so far i can't keep one alive, I'm not sure what i am doing wrong, the water tested ok in the home test kit i have.

just really aggravated that i have had 2 of them die this year.

wazasunrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2013   #2
Jess
(Possum63)

Nationality:
Rep: Possum63 has shown reliable knowledge
Default Re: Really frustrated now

Hello

Sorry to hear of your loss. Can you post your water parameters? What test kit do you use? What dechlorinator do you use? What symptoms does your lotl have that makes him/her so sick? What size and how old is your lotl? How long have you had him/her? How big is your tank? Have your feeders been quarantined? What else do you feed your lotl?

Give us some more information and we will try our best to help. Some photos of your sick lotl would be helpful too :)

Possum63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2013   #3
auntiejude
Axolotl Enthusiast

Nationality:
Rep: auntiejude is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgauntiejude is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgauntiejude is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgauntiejude is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgauntiejude is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgauntiejude is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgauntiejude is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgauntiejude is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgauntiejude is considered an Authority at Caudata.org

Please post your parameters, temperature, a picture of your axie and set-up, details of where you get your axies from, what you feed them (other than guppies) etc. We can't help you without more information.

auntiejude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2013   #4
Beks
(snuggly time)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Rep: snuggly time has given consistently excellent advice and informationsnuggly time has given consistently excellent advice and informationsnuggly time has given consistently excellent advice and informationsnuggly time has given consistently excellent advice and informationsnuggly time has given consistently excellent advice and information

Do you quarantine the guppies before you put them in? Also, how strong is the current coming from your filter? Axies don't like a strong current.

And what's your cleaning routine like?

snuggly time is offline   Reply With Quote