Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Illness/Sickness: Potential injury, what should I do?

axolover703

Reaction score
Hi! So my 2 year old axolotl Andrew has what looks like some kind of scrape or cut on his leg, and I'm really not sure how it got there. I'm hoping he just scraped himself on something in his tank and that it'll heal no problem, but is it possible that this is caused by Hypno (his tank mate) biting him? I don't feel like that's possible, since they're the same size and they get along really well, but I do feel like I need to make sure. Note that he's still using that leg just fine and there's no apparent changes in his behavior. Thanks in advance! (sorry if the images don't work)
IMG-5574.JPG

IMG-5567.JPG

IMG-5565.JPG

Hayleyy

Reaction score
Images aren't showing for me. Check the decorations for any hidden sharp bits. It is possible it was an accidental nip from the tank mate. Even the best axolotl friends have bad days. It should heal up perfectly fine :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!