New Type of Axolotl discovered! A Must See! :D

FX1C

Reaction score
Country
Australia
OK so it's not really a new type ;)

We've all seen these for sale at Xmas time & they say that they're "Reindeer Antlers" but if you look closely I think they're actually not...
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1355826719.206062.jpg

Introducing the new Doberlotl :D

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1355826764.396519.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1355826791.717375.jpg

Merry Xmas to all the
Caudata Crazies!
Wishing you all a safe
& happy holidays :)

<3 >o_o< <3

Check your water parameters, your specimen appears to have a skin condition :D

If so I advise treating with loads of doggy treats, I hear they are very effective ;) x

Yes, stuff her with treats then store her either in your lap or bed:D

Thank goodness you're not recommending fridging :D ....
I'm not sure there's be any food left in the fridge once my boy had finished with it :O lol

<3 >o_o< <3

Showed the pic to jamie (my son hes 6) and hes said "i want a axle like that one too, can you get it?" then he runs up stairs shouting "jade where getting another axle mummy's getting a big one" all before i could say anything lol so jades (shes 4)just come down and said "thats not a ottle" and stomped off. lol :rofl:

Hahahaha, I love kids :rofl:

Is it morphing?

It seems to have lost its gills well actually it was quiet rapid & it even ate it's own gills!! Tore them to shreds! 0.0

It seems very happy with terrestrial life & has taken to a carnivorous diet with gusto :)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1356323797.066336.jpg

Oh yeah they seem to be multiplying!!!

<3 >o_o< <3

I'm so glad I got to share a picture or two of this beautiful creature with you all.

My Furbaby Thunder 11yr old Dobermann has been dealing with very serious heart issues (DCM) & sadly passed away this morning :( :'(
He went with no pain & very quickly.
(Something I'm thankful for) I tried CPR & mouth to nose but he was gone :(

It's always devasting loosing a part of your life & I'm just so privileged to have had this man in my life for so long <3

RIP Thunder man :(
Much loved & very sadly missed.

<3 >o_o< <3

Oh Nikki, that's too bad. I'm sorry for your loss!

I'm so sorry for you :(
Losing a pet is always painful...
I hope you get through this alright, and that the other Dober will be okay

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back