Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Ok. I finally got (admittedly bad) Pics of all 4.

Mac Myers

Reaction score
OK... here are Alicia Moore and Brando. She's a piggy (I have no idea what sex she is.....I just think the pink ones are girls and the dark ones are boys... dumb.. I know) and is larger than the others... all get enough food... she just gets more. She also catches the Glass Shrimp and is suspected of reducing my guppy count from 12 to 3.
Brando is decent at hunting as well. I have seen him try to catch live prey... I've never seen him score however. But he isn't shy at feeding time. :wink:

Attachments

• AleciaMooreBrando.jpg
    AleciaMooreBrando.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 269

Mac Myers

Reaction score
Here we have Alicia Moore and Lucille. Lucille is smaller, a bit shy, but she still tries pretty hard. She likes to park in plants and survey the area.

Attachments

• AleciaMooreLucille.jpg
    AleciaMooreLucille.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 206

Mac Myers

Reaction score
Coal (name subject to change.... nothing has come to me yet) is the recluse. He is a lousy hunter, has an IQ on par with George W. Bush, won't pose for pictures, hides somewhere I have yet to be able to discover, and spits out earthworms. He eats only Salmon pellets and Bloodworms. He is a tough nut to crack.

He ignores me and I typically have to use the flash as he's too far back and too hard to see on the black sand. Brando and Alicia Moore follow me around and try to eat my fingers or anything else I stick in there to "scoot" food closer to them.

Attachments

• Coal003.jpg
    Coal003.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 205
  • Coal.jpg
    Coal.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 203
  • CoalBrando.jpg
    CoalBrando.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 197

melfly

Reaction score
They are all amazing!
I love how they all have little characters, people who do not own axolotls are missing out!

Mel

dragonlady

Reaction score
Great pics, Mac! They all look quite content and well-fed! You've got all these different personalities in your crew there too, so cool! :D

Do either of your lucies have freckles? Always love the freckles! One of mine is getting a full mask, I think!

In my trio, the wild (Cool) is the largest - bigger than Sphynx, my adult male! Anubis, the melanoid, is the smallest and the most reclusive of the three too - strange, because when I got them, he was the friendliest.

Keep 'em coming! But for future reference, never compare your axie to GB, that's so degrading...for the axie!!

Mac Myers

Reaction score
No... none of them have Freckles. They look almost albino.
I'm getting in trouble at home because I sit in front of the tank so much instead of watching TV with the family. It's much more calming for me so I've decided to kick the family out and use my kid's room for more tanks. :p

Bellabelloo

Julia
Staff member
Reaction score
Looking good Mac.. I am counting down the years until I have a room to fill with axolotl and newts. Unless we win the lottery it will be a good 8 years till the eldest boys fledge the nest :sad:

lea

Reaction score
mac....your axies are beautiful and i love your tank set up.....i get in trouble at home for paying more attention to abby as well.......

Tiffanymac

Reaction score
They are beautiful Mac! :D And yes! I completely agree wth Mel...those who don't have axies are totally missing out on their antics! :p

Mac Myers

Reaction score
Unless we win the lottery it will be a good 8 years till the eldest boys fledge the nest :sad:

Heheh Julia... Mine is 22 and it doesn't look like he's going anywhere anytime soon! Luckily I kind of like him. If you HAVE to have a kid around it helps if they are yours. :p

And I changed Coal's name to Obama. Not because of the coloring.... but like Obama he starts out doing OK but then sometimes gets all turned around and goes the wrong direction.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!