Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Dumb aquarium ideas you wish could work!

JWERNER

Reaction score
This is a thread for people to post some odd ball aquariums that dont work or work like poop but are so darn cool they are almost irresistible.

I'll start. This thing is so cool
AquariumSink.jpg

And talk about a theme tank. Most people base tanks on origin of species and so forth.
bathroom-fish-tank.jpg

I wonder if it has a automatic water change feature when the toilet gets flushed.

Last edited:

blueberlin

2010 Research Grant Donor
Reaction score
Re: Dumb auqarium ideas you wish could work!

I saw this in a .pps about latest technology. I feel sorry for the fish but it's a nifty element for interior design.

tanks.jpg

-Eva

dragonlady

Reaction score

Hayden

Reaction score

This is my personal fish tank while it was being set up. It's a ninety gallon. I'll take some better pictures later.

marshallsmom-albums-other-pets-picture11388-my-90.jpg

The fish actually use the tubes.

marshallsmom-albums-other-pets-picture11389-a.jpg

My old Peacock that I traded in.

Hayden

Reaction score

Mac- It was custom built for a guy who breeds cichlids, I didn't just go rogue on a couple of 45's. :D
It was my Sweet 16 present. Some girls get cars, some girls get makeup, some girls get 90 gallon fish tanks to keep predatory river fish in. :D

Mac Myers

Reaction score

Mac- It was custom built for a guy who breeds cichlids, I didn't just go rogue on a couple of 45's. :D
It was my Sweet 16 present. Some girls get cars, some girls get makeup, some girls get 90 gallon fish tanks to keep predatory river fish in. :D

Haha... awesome. I've always wanted something like that. :happy:

Hayden

Reaction score

It's really a cool tank. I think if I ever decide I don't want fish in there anymore, it be one heck of a frog enclosure. :D

Crysta

Reaction score

that table tank is pretty awesome O_O

and that fish/bird thing.

I haven't got a clue what's going on there D:

cellowithgills

Reaction score
imgres
http://gizmodo.com/346527/fish-bridge-connects-two-aquariums-if-only-fish-were-smart-enough-to-use-it

I want one!!!

Jmvanness

Reaction score
Ah.. I always feel sorry for the goldfish they use in these adds... the tanks they show them in are always too small for them and people don't realize it...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1