Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Frogs in SA

L

leah

Just some photos of the frogs I've come across since moving here... They're all pretty common species I think, but it's still exciting for me- we only had little leopard frogs back home! Hopefully I'll get a chance to see even more soon!

Pobblebonk, or Banjo frog. Limnodynastes dumerili. This one was sitting in the middle of the road in the city after a heavy rain. I moved it to a safer spot
happy.gif

30650.jpg
30651.jpg

Spotted grass frog, Limnodynastes tasmaniensis. The first is an adult, the others are probably newly morphed, they're so small. Last night there were hordes of them hopping across the road. Luckily a quiet street, or it would have been the end of most of them!
30652.jpg
30653.jpg

30654.jpg

Brown tree frog, Litoria ewingi. Found in the swimming pool, extremely active little guy and probably my favourite so far.
30655.jpg
30656.jpg

J

jade.

nice little frogs you have there.
my friend's pool is all green and its full of frogs. she finds them disgusting but when i go over i ask to look at them
happy.gif

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1